Prepare yourself for the Mitral Clip treatment
Do you still have questions about the treatment? Are there still things that you do not understand completely? If you want to be well prepared for the appointment with your cardiologist or heart surgeon, the following questionnaire can help you do this.
- Do I need this treatment immediately or can it wait?
- Can you explain the procedure for the Mitral Clip treatment to me?
- How can I prepare myself for the treatment?
- What can my family/caregiver do to prepare themselves?
- How long will the operation take?
- Is the operation painful?
- How long will I have to stay in hospital?
- What can I expect after the operation? Will I still have pain after the operation?
- Which medication do I need after the Mitral Clip treatment?
- Are there any possible complications I must take into account?
- Are there things that I will no longer be able to do temporarily or permanently after the operation?
- Will this operation have an effect on other conditions?
- For how long will the Mitral Clip last? Will I need further treatment in the future?
- How long will it take before I am able to move around again?