For persons located in the EEA: The EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is in force from 25 May 2018. The GDPR amends and updates the rights you have in relation to your personal data, and what companies that process your personal data are permitted and required to do. It also requires that we provide you with the following information in addition to that which you have already received: This supplemental notice supersedes any information you have already received from us.
- The GDPR introduces new and extended rights in relation to your personal data beyond those already highlighted to you. These are:
- The right to rectify, or erase any wrong or incomplete personal data that Abbott holds about you;
- The right to access the personal data that Abbott holds about you;
- The right, in some cases, to object to the processing of your personal data on legitimate grounds;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making intended to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to you, such as analytics based on conduct. Please refer to the cookies section of the privacy notice for more information on how to exercise this right if it is indicated that cookies are being used;
- Where you have provided your personal data to us with your consent or as part of a contract, the right to the portability of that personal data to another person or, if it’s technically feasible for us to do so, to another company;
- The right to lodge a complaint with your national data protection supervisory authority or to receive compensation for any damage you suffer; and
- The right to withdraw your consent to Abbott’s processing of your personal data without detriment, where you have provided consent for Abbott to process your personal data.
FURTHER INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW
- International transfers - We transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to third countries which do not offer the same level of protection as required by the EEA. In order to safeguard your personal data we will only make such transfers on the basis of (i) a decision of the European Commission that permits this, or (ii) subject to EU-approved Standard Contractual Clauses. Please note, Abbott has entered into data transfer agreements based on the EU Standard Contractual Clauses to transfer your personal data from the EEA to third countries, which includes the United States. To access or receive a copy of the EU Standard Contractual Clauses which we use to export your personal data from the EEA, please contact our EU DPO (details below).
- Storage -Your personal data will be stored for as long as it is needed to provide you with (i) the Abbott service or product that you have requested; and/or (ii) access to our websites and services. Alternatively, your personal data will also be stored for as long as we require it to respond to your queries and concerns or in accordance with any legal requirements, including those in relation to product or medical device safety. For further information please contact your local customer care or the EU-DPO office using the details below.
- Why we need your data -The provision of personal data to Abbott is required to fulfil the terms of a contract you have with Abbott, to provide you with a product or service you have requested, to comply with local laws, such as those relating to product or medical device safety. Any failure to provide such personal data will mean that Abbott cannot provide you with the product or service you have requested.
- Customer care, queries and issues: please follow Abbott’s normal recommended channels.
- Data Protection Officer: if you have any queries in relation to the processing of your personal data please contact our EU DPO at www.eu-dpo.abbott.com.
You acknowledge and agree that:
A. Although we strive to publish on this Web site relevant and timely information, we do not warrant the accuracy, efficiency and adequacy of any information contained in this site. Each person assumes full responsibility and all risks in using this site. The information is presented "as is" and may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Abbott Cardiovascular Ltd. ("Abbott" Company) reserves the right to make additions, deletions or changes to the information at any time without posting any notice.
B. Abbott does not guarantee and is not responsible in any way with respect to the information or content published on this site. Abbott hereby disclaims any assurance or warranty, implied or otherwise, prescribed by law, contract or otherwise, including, inter alia, any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, ownership or copyright non-infringement. Under no circumstances Abbott will bear any responsibility for damages of any type and nature, including among other things any direct, indirect, special (including a financial loss), consequential, or incidental damages arising from or use of this site or related thereto and / or with respect to the information or content published on this site, irrespective of whether Abbott has received information about the possibility of such damages.
C. Abbott is not responsible for, and does not assume any responsibility concerning correctness, efficiency, punctuality and adequacy of information or concepts content from third parties, including any hypertext links leading to or from third-party sites. Except as otherwise stated in this site, Abbott does not make any editing, censoring or otherwise control any content provided by third parties on a bulletin board, chat room or other similar forum published on this site.
D. On this site can appear look-at-the-future statements that reflect Abbott's current expectations for the future regarding business events and developments in the future. Look-at-the-future statements include situations of uncertainty and at-risk for the future. Developments or results may differ materially from the projections, and are dependent on several factors, including, among others, the success of present study programs, the results of future clinical trials awaiting execution, ongoing commercialization of its products, regulatory approval of products, validity and enforcement of patents, the stability of its commercial relationships, and general economic conditions. Abbott intends to update this site on a regular basis, but generally does not undertake to update the content.
E. The information on this website is for general information only and does not constitute medical advice or professional diagnosis, treatment or other medical services which in any way create a physician-patient relationship. If you have questions about treatment options, please contact your attending physician.
You understand, acknowledge and agree as follows:
A. By using this Site, you hereby agree not to disrupt or intercept Abbott's electronic information published on this website or on any of the other servers of Abbott. In addition, you agree not to attempt to circumvent any security measures on this site, and to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in force, local, national, and international.
C. Except as expressly stated and agreed upon in advance by Abbott, no confidential relation can exist
Information, documents and relevant graphics published on this Web site (hereinafter : the "Information") are the sole property of Abbott, except for information provided by third party providers who have a contract with Abbott, with its subsidiaries or its affiliates. The authority to use information will be given on condition that: the copyright notice above appears on all copies; the information is solely for the purposes of transferring information and not commercial; the information will not undergo any changes; and no use is made of graphics available on this site separately from the accompanying text. Abbott is not responsible for the content provided by third-party vendors, and you may not distribute such material without permission from the copyright owner stated, except as permitted above, no license or right, express or implied, is granted to any person under any patent, trademark or other proprietary rights of Abbott.No use of any trademark, trade names, visual appearance and any Abbott products appearing on this website may be made without the prior written permission from Abbott, except to identify the product or services of the company.
Privacy and Security policy:
Abbott is committed to maintaining your online privacy. Abbott understands the importance of privacy to our customers and to visitors on our Web sites. The company will not collect through this website personal information from visitors, and you are requested not to provide any personal information to Abbott on this site.
On this site Abbott may use "cookies" for the purpose of proper current operation, including collecting statistical data about use of the site, for the purpose of adapting the site to your personal preferences and for the purpose of information security. Cookies are text files that the browser generates at the request of the website server. Some of the cookies expire when you close your browser, and some are stored on your hard drive. If you do not wish to receive a cookie, you can avoid this by changing the settings in the browser of your computer. You can also delete cookies saved on your computer. These actions require making use of help information that is part of the web browser installed on your computer. However, keep in mind that deleting the cookies or termination of acceptance may prevent access to certain pages and services on the site and other Web sites.
Cookies can enhance your use of this site because they allow the company to provide better service, customize it based on the customer's preferences, make statistical calculations, analyze trends, administer and improve the company's sites.
Limitation of Liability:
Abbott does not assume any liability for the materials, information and opinions disclosed, published or in any other manner accessible via this website. Reliance on these materials, information and opinions will be at your own risk. Abbott disclaims any liability for injury or damage arising from the use of this site, or the content contained therein.
This site, its content, and the products and services provided or made accessible through this website are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis, with all faults or defects that may occur. In no way, Abbott or its subsidiaries, affiliates, its suppliers or directors, employees or their respective agents shall be liable for any damages of any kind, under any legal theory, arising from your use, or that are associated with it, or due to lack of ability to make use of this site, the content on the site, any services provided through or by using this site or any linked site, including any special, indirect, punitive, incidental, including damage that serves as a warning or consequential damages, and including, among other things, personal injury, financial loss or damage resulting from delays, interruption in service, viruses, deleting files or electronic communication, or errors, omissions or other inaccuracies in this site or the content of the site, whether any negligence has been revealed or not revealed by Abbott or any of its agents or whether Abbott was informed of the possibility of such damages. Be advised that additional legal notices, disclaimers, and other terms and conditions may apply to this site and other sites owned by Abbott, its subsidiaries or its affiliates, or operated by them.
Hereby you agree that these Terms and Conditions describe the entire agreement between you and Abbott in connection with the use of this website. This site was built and is operated in accordance with the laws of the State of Israel. The terms and conditions listed herein shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Israel, without giving effect to any principle of conflict of law. If a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision and conditions of these terms void or unenforceable, you hereby agree that the other provisions in these terms and conditions shall remain in full effect.
To contact the company regarding this site and this policy, please call +972 - 9 - 7691010.
Alternatively, you are welcome to send a letter to this address:
Abbott Laboratories Medical Ltd.
Kiryat Atidim, Building 4
Tel Aviv 61580